If you're reading this, you've probably figured out that simply having a SaaS affiliate marketing strategy isn't enough to skyrocket your MRR.
To truly leverage this channel, you need the right software platform to set up, manage, and track your efforts effortlessly.
But finding one that's both reliable and tailored to your needs? That can feel overwhelming.
So why make this your go-to resource? Simple.
We're giving you the lowdown on 18 top-notch SaaS affiliate platforms, each meticulously curated and researched to fit the specific needs of B2B SaaS companies like yours.
No more guesswork, just useful insights to help you make an informed decision.
So dive in and discover the tool that will help you run a successful affiliate marketing program for your SaaS business.
Quick take: Your shortcut guide to picking the best SaaS affiliate platform
Searching for a SaaS affiliate platform can be overwhelming, but this guide simplifies your choice. We've done the legwork and reviewed 18 top tools to help you make an informed decision. From understanding the benefits to in-depth looks at the following software options:
- Growth Hero
- Post Affiliate Pro,
- CJ Affiliate
We have covered it all.
Intrigued? Dive into the full article for the complete rundown.
What is a SaaS affiliate platform?
A SaaS affiliate platform is a software tool specifically designed to streamline your affiliate marketing program.
Think of it as your central control room where you set up, track, manage, and optimize all affiliate program-related activities.
In this single interface, you'll have the capabilities to monitor affiliate performance, handle payouts, run targeted campaigns, and much more.
Designed with your B2B SaaS affiliate marketing needs in mind, these platforms come equipped with a myriad of features - from generating unique affiliate links to providing in-depth analytics.
Why does this matter? Well, executing your affiliate marketing strategy manually can be a cumbersome task filled with spreadsheets, emails, and lots of back-and-forths. With a specialized SaaS affiliate platform, you can automate most of these tasks, saving time and reducing errors.
Now that you're getting the picture, let's jump into the tremendous benefits you can reap from adopting such software.
8 benefits you can unlock by using a SaaS affiliate platform
From saving you money to scaling your efforts, these platforms offer a variety of benefits that can significantly increase the chances of running a successful program. Let's unravel these benefits one by one.
Managing an affiliate program manually often means juggling spreadsheets and constant communication, which can lead to hiring extra staff or outsourcing - both costly options. An affiliate marketing platform for SaaS startups streamlines this by automating key tasks, allowing you to manage the program efficiently. The result? You save both time and money.
As your affiliate partners and revenue grow, you'll need software that can scale seamlessly. That's why the best affiliate programs often rely on SaaS affiliate marketing platforms, which are designed to handle increased demand and complexity at every stage of your business.
Running SaaS affiliate programs manually involves constant updates, follow-ups, and payments. Automation features in B2B affiliate platforms streamline these tasks, eliminating the headaches and minimizing errors.
Relying on manual tracking methods can bog you down in numbers, leaving you little room to interpret what they mean for your business. That's where affiliate marketing SaaS software shines. They offer advanced analytics and customizable dashboards that transform your raw data into meaningful insights. This detailed reporting helps you identify trends, monitor affiliate performance, and allocate resources more effectively. Ultimately, it allows you to optimize your strategies in real-time, fine-tuning your program for the best possible ROI.
With affiliate SaaS platforms, you can effortlessly break down geographical barriers thanks to features like multi-currency and multilingual support. This enables you to tap into international markets and grow your affiliate network, all without the logistical nightmares often associated with global expansion.
Handling your affiliate program without the right tools opens the door to human errors - miscalculations, delayed payouts, or even compliance issues. These errors can not only be costly but can also jeopardize your program's reputation. Affiliate platforms mitigate these risks by automating crucial aspects of your operations, from tracking to payments.
A strong affiliate community doesn't just happen; it's carefully cultivated. While you can try to manage this through emails and social media, an affiliate platform gives you the tools for streamlined communication and engagement. These tools help keep your SaaS affiliates motivated and aligned with your brand, turning them into long-term partners and brand advocates. For example, you can share affiliate link placement ideas with your partners, helping them drive more traffic and conversions.
When affiliates create content that links back to your site, it's like a vote of confidence in the eyes of search engines. An affiliate software helps you monitor these backlinks, ensuring they are of high quality and aligned with SEO best practices. This not only improves your search rankings but also drives organic traffic to your site, enhancing your overall online visibility.
18 top affiliate marketing platforms worth considering for SaaS businesses
After unpacking the multitude of benefits that a SaaS affiliate platform can bring to your business, it's time to talk specifics. Whether you're a newcomer to the affiliate marketing landscape or a seasoned affiliate marketer looking for an upgrade, we've done the homework so you don't have to. Below, you'll find an in-depth analysis of 18 of the best software tools in the affiliate marketing industry, curated to cater to the B2B SaaS sector.
So, without further ado, let's dive into the platforms that can help you amp up your affiliate game.
Caption - Screenshot from Reditus website landing page.
When it comes to affiliate marketing platforms for B2B SaaS companies, Reditus is a powerhouse. Trusted by leading B2B SaaS brands, it's the go-to solution that is simple to use and provides all the features you need to grow your revenue. Plus, with the option to kickstart your affiliate program at no cost, it's an irresistible deal for those keen on testing the waters without financial commitment.
- Engineered solely for B2B SaaS, guaranteeing a laser-focused experience.
- Hosts one of the best B2B SaaS affiliate marketplaces, especially in the US and UK.
- Live chat support for affiliates streamlines communication and issue resolution.
- Upfront payment is only required once you reach $1,000 in MRR.
- Integrates smoothly with popular SaaS subscription payment platforms like Paddle & Stripe.
- Offers done-for-you affiliate recruitment services.
- Custom landing pages for every SaaS to ensure brand consistency.
- Zero commission on affiliate payouts, meaning more money in your pocket.
- Currently, there is no built-in affiliate search feature, encouraging a more curated affiliate experience.
- Requires manual payouts to affiliates, giving you more control but also requiring a bit more time.
- G2 rating: 4.9/5 (29 ratings)
- A lucrative free plan is available with unlimited users and affiliates until you reach $1,000 in MRR.
- Paid subscription plans start from $59/month.
Caption - Screenshot from Tapfiliate website landing page.
Tapfiliate offers a 14-day free trial and focuses on easy integration, but it's worth noting that its setup and pricing might not be suitable for everyone. The platform provides a personalized dashboard, aiming for a user-friendly experience.
- Provides ready-made banners, videos, and shareable social media posts for affiliates.
- Customizable cookie duration for tailored tracking.
- Automatic triggers for event-based notifications.
- Handles refunds and disputes automatically.
- Zapier integration for added automation capabilities.
- Initial setup may require technical skills, posing a challenge for those with limited resources.
- Pricing may be higher compared to other platforms, a consideration for tight budgets.
- Some users have cited slow customer support response times.
- Limited customization options for the affiliate portal.
- G2 rating: 3.6/5 (14 ratings)
- 14-day free trial available.
- Paid subscription plans start from $89/month.
Caption - Screenshot from FirstPromoter website landing page.
FirstPromoter aims to be an all-in-one platform for SaaS companies looking to manage referral-based marketing programs. With a focus on powerful tracking and advanced automation features, it tries to offer a user-friendly experience.
- Track sales using various methods - discount coupons, emails, or personalized referral links.
- Customizable payout terms, including minimum payout amounts and varying payout methods.
- Sub-id affiliate link tracking and A/B testing for affiliates.
- Webhooks are available for real-time notifications for affiliates.
- No built-in marketplace to recruit affiliates.
- Limited product documentation may require more direct interaction with support.
- Plans scale based on affiliate revenue, leading to potential cost escalations.
- Refund and chargeback fraud detection is only available with the enterprise plan.
- G2 rating: 4.3/5 (18 ratings)
- 14-day free trial plan available.
- Paid subscription plans start from $49/month for up to $5,000 of total revenue generated each month.
Caption - Screenshot from LeadDyno website landing page.
LeadDyno offers a quick and straightforward solution for setting up an affiliate or referral program. Whether you're an e-commerce store or a SaaS business, this tool aims to manage your affiliates and their payouts efficiently.
- Unlimited commission plans allow you to choose between flat-fee, tiered, and percentage-based options.
- Flexibility in setting the disbursement timing for commissions, helping to avoid payments on refunded orders.
- Customizable affiliate site to align with your brand's look and feel.
- Pricing scales with the number of unique website visitors, potentially making it expensive for high-traffic sites.
- No built-in affiliate marketplace for recruiting new affiliates.
- Customer support experiences have been inconsistent, as reported by some users.
- Removal of LeadDyno branding requires the Pro plan at $349/month.
- G2 rating: 4.2/5 (10 ratings)
- 30-day free trial plan available.
- Paid subscription plans start from $49/month for up to 3,000 website visitors.
Caption - Screenshot from PartnerStack website landing page.
PartnerStack aims to be your all-in-one solution for building a thriving ecosystem of various partners - affiliates, referral partners, and resellers. Rooted in the idea of transforming partnerships into a compelling acquisition channel, it offers a plethora of features to recruit, engage, and manage partners effectively.
- Discover and recruit the perfect partners through a comprehensive search feature, filtering by industry, audience, and other factors.
- Lead sharing capabilities for efficient deal closures, with automated rules to separate the good leads from the bad.
- Multiple application forms to cater to different types of partners.
- Fraud protection that scans and flags suspicious applications and transactions.
- A steep learning curve may require extra time and resources for businesses new to managing affiliate programs.
- The pricing model starts at around $750 and lacks transparency, as PartnerStack customizes deals for each customer.
- Limited capability for analyzing granular SaaS metrics within the dashboard.
- G2 rating: 4.7/5 (578 ratings)
- Pricing is available on request only.
Caption - Screenshot from impact.com website landing page.
impact.com is a partnership automation platform that has been in the market since 2008. It offers a range of features for managing different types of partnerships, including affiliates, influencers, and B2B relationships.
- Access to a database of over 7 million potential partners through its open platform and discovery tools.
- Integration with Salesforce and HubSpot to manage lead progression and commission payments.
- Automatic payments in more than 80 supported currencies.
- Fraud detection features to identify and filter out invalid traffic.
- Lack of transparent, public-facing pricing can make it difficult for potential users to budget quickly.
- Customer service has received mixed reviews.
- Absence of a mobile app or optimized mobile site limits on-the-go accessibility for some.
- Initial learning curve required for platform navigation.
- G2 rating: 4.6/5 (694 ratings)
- Pricing information is available on demo request only.
Caption - Screenshot from Rewardful website landing page.
Rewardful is an affiliate and referral tracking software that emphasizes its compatibility with Stripe and Paddle. It focuses on providing a quick setup experience for businesses with subscription-based billing.
- 2-way Stripe sync allows for viewing Rewardful data directly within your Stripe dashboard.
- Cross-subdomain tracking is automatically managed.
- Commissions are auto-adjusted for customer lifecycle events like upgrades, downgrades, and cancellations.
- Enables direct page tracking for more flexible affiliate attribution.
- Pricing scales with affiliate revenue, which might impact your budgeting.
- Payment options for affiliate commissions are manual and external to Rewardful.
- Limited options for affiliate dashboard customization.
- Lack of native CRM integrations could be a drawback for some.
- G2 rating: 3.8/5 (3 ratings)
- 14-day free trial plan available.
- Paid subscription plans start from $49/month for up to $7,500 monthly affiliate-generated revenue.
8. Growth Hero
Caption - Screenshot from Growth Hero website landing page.
Growth Hero positions itself as a 3-in-1 partner marketing software, bundling affiliate, influencer, and referral marketing into one platform. While it is often cited as a top-rated affiliate marketing software, its primary focus appears to be Shopify e-commerce stores.
- Provides customizable deals and a basic email marketing platform for templates and automation.
- Facilitates real-time chat between affiliates and merchants.
- Enables motivation through tier 'levels' or target bonus rewards.
- Primarily tailored for Shopify e-commerce stores.
- Pricing scales with the number of affiliate sales, with unlimited sales available only on the top-tier plan.
- Customization options for partner dashboards are not very user-friendly.
- Limited payout integration options, including PayPal, store credit, and some custom API options.
- G2 rating: 4.5/5 (18 ratings)
- 30-day free trial plan is available.
- Paid subscription plans start from $49/month for up to 100 partner sales/month.
Caption - Screenshot from Everflow website landing page.
Everflow markets itself as a smarter partner marketing platform designed to amplify performance results through various channels, including partnerships and affiliates. Though it boasts partnerships with over 750 agencies, networks, and brands, including the likes of Dentsu and ShipBob, it primarily leans toward serving e-commerce rather than SaaS businesses.
- Offers coupon code tracking for rewarding influencers.
- Provides API and documentation for connecting your CRM, CDP, and payment solutions.
- Not particularly geared toward SaaS businesses, more focused on e-commerce.
- Higher price point compared to other options in the market.
- Potential learning curve for understanding and utilizing all features.
- G2 rating: 4.7/5 (155 ratings)
- 30-day free trial available on request.
- Paid subscription plans start from $750/month.
Caption - Screenshot from Kiflo website landing page.
Kiflo aims to empower SMBs, specifically targeting B2B SaaS companies, by providing an intuitive Partner Success Platform along with education and support. The platform boasts features that help businesses build and maintain a thriving partner ecosystem.
- Enables the creation of multiple affiliate, referral, and reseller partner programs.
- Facilitates partner communication with note-taking, task automation, and meeting logs.
- Provides custom certification programs to train partners.
- Integrates seamlessly with platforms like HubSpot, Salesforce, and Zapier.
- Lack of transparent pricing information on the website - demo booking required.
- Limited customization options for affiliate program appearance and branding.
- G2 rating: 4.8/5 (70 ratings)
- Pricing information is only available upon request for a demo.
Caption - Screenshot from Trackdesk website landing page.
Trackdesk aims to attract businesses by offering an initial free plan of up to $5,000 in monthly revenue. The platform promotes itself as a cost-effective affiliate tracking software that is especially suitable for companies on a tight budget or those just starting out with affiliate marketing.
- Real-time monitoring of suspicious clicks and activities on affiliate links.
- Native messaging feature allows in-platform communication with affiliates.
- Provides customizable, industry-compliant templates for terms and conditions.
- Affiliate coupon tracking for effective campaign monitoring and customer segmentation.
- Limited customization and integration options.
- Steeper learning curve to utilize all features optimally.
- Users report limitations in reporting and analytics capabilities.
- G2 rating: 4.8/5 (20 ratings)
- A freemium version is available.
- Paid subscription plans start from $67/month when billed annually.
Caption - Screenshot from Awin website landing page.
Awin markets itself as a global affiliate platform offering an open marketplace for various types of partnerships, ranging from traditional affiliates and influencers to mass media and B2B sectors. Established in 2000, Awin aims to provide a comprehensive solution for advertisers to expand customer reach and grow sales.
- Extensive partner network with over 1 million members across various sectors.
- Features an intuitive reporting dashboard for easier data analytics.
- The user interface could benefit from an upgrade.
- Not specifically tailored for SaaS businesses.
- Lack of transparent pricing information on the website.
- G2 rating: 4.2/5 (94 ratings)
- Pricing information is available on request only.
Caption - Screenshot from ClickBank website landing page.
ClickBank has been around since 1998 and presents itself as a global e-commerce platform with an affiliate marketplace. The platform aims to empower sellers and entrepreneurs by connecting them with its global affiliate network.
- Recognized as an industry-leading affiliate marketplace.
- Known for making regular payments to affiliate marketers.
- Primarily focused on e-commerce rather than SaaS businesses.
- Absence of transparent pricing information on the website.
- G2 rating: 4.4/5 (18 ratings)
- One-time activation fees of $49.95.
- $2.50 pay period processing fees for sellers.
Caption - Screenshot from ShareASale website landing page.
ShareASale positions itself as a broad affiliate marketing network that offers marketing solutions for a range of partners. While it boasts a large affiliate network, it's worth mentioning that it does not specialize in serving B2B SaaS businesses.
- Offers a large, though generic, affiliate network.
- Allows tracking and rewarding of publisher activity based on various scenarios like new customer acquisition, coupon code usage, and product-level metrics.
- Commission rules for higher or lower commissions based on certain conditions.
- Not specialized in serving SaaS businesses.
- High upfront setup fee is required for merchants.
- G2 rating: 3.5/5 (35 ratings)
- Upfront set-up fees of $625 per merchant.
- 20% fee on each affiliate payment.
15. Post Affiliate Pro
Caption - Screenshot from Post Affiliate Pro website landing page.
Post Affiliate Pro provides a robust platform to manage your affiliate program. It comes with a variety of personalized commission structures and settings to fit various needs.
- SmartLinks feature for setting multiple banner destination URLs based on geolocation and device targeting.
- Allows setting different commissions for various actions like sales or leads.
- Offers multi-tier commissions, supporting up to 100 tier levels.
- Lacks integration with Zapier.
- Not clearly positioned for SaaS businesses.
- The platform can be overwhelming due to its numerous features and settings.
- G2 rating: 4.5/5 (130 ratings)
- 1-month free trial plan is available.
- Paid subscription plans start from $129/month when billed annually.
16. CJ Affiliate
Caption - Screenshot from CJ Affiliate website landing page.
CJ Affiliate, once known as Commission Junction, is an established player in the affiliate marketing network landscape. It serves as a bridge between advertisers and publishers, facilitating the creation and management of affiliate programs.
- Access to a broad network of publishers, including bloggers and content creators.
- Offers robust tracking and real-time reporting features.
- Supports cross-device tracking to credit affiliates for multi-device conversions.
- Not specifically designed for SaaS businesses.
- Lacks transparent pricing information on their website.
- G2 rating: 3.5/5 (21 ratings)
- Pricing information is not openly shared on the website.
Caption - Screenshot from UpPromote website landing page.
UpPromote aims to simplify affiliate marketing for Shopify-based businesses. It comes equipped with a range of tools intended to assist in tracking, managing, and rewarding affiliates.
- Enables inviting customers to become affiliates.
- Offers visual reports for clicks, orders, and commissions.
- Primarily focused on Shopify, not tailored for SaaS.
- Limited options for customizing program appearance and branding.
- G2 rating: 4.5/5 (15 ratings)
- Freemium version is available.
- Paid subscription plans start from $29.99/month.
Caption - Screenshot from Refersion website landing page.
Refersion is another affiliate marketing platform that primarily caters to e-commerce brands. It offers a variety of features aimed at helping businesses manage and optimize their affiliate programs.
- Access to a database of 3.6M affiliates and publishers.
- Keyword-based search to find industry-relevant affiliates.
- Allows customization of commission rates based on product/SKUs and customer type.
- Primarily designed for e-commerce, lacking features for SaaS businesses.
- G2 rating: 3.5/5 (21 ratings)
- 14-day free trial plan available.
- Paid subscription plans start from $99/month when billed annually.
Closing thoughts: Reditus is a no-brainer to get your SaaS affiliate program up and running
So, there we have it. After diving into multiple affiliate marketing platforms, it's clear that while there are several options out there, very few focus specifically on the unique needs of SaaS businesses.
For many on our list, SaaS is often just another segment mentioned on their website, almost as an afterthought.
Let's be honest - what you really need is a platform that gets you. And that's exactly what Reditus does.
Unlike other platforms that may have high upfront costs, complex to set up, or lack a SaaS-focused marketplace, Reditus ticks all these critical boxes.
Plus, Reditus gives you enough time to see the value before you make a long-term commitment with its lucrative free plan until you reach $1,000 MRR. Even after that, the pricing is very affordable with no irritating limits like x number of affiliates and y number of users only.
The choice seems pretty straightforward to us. If you're a SaaS business looking for a control center to run your affiliate program, Reditus is a no-brainer.
Ready to make the logical decision? Schedule a demo with Reditus to experience firsthand what makes it the top choice for your SaaS affiliate program.